Monday, April 8, 2013

Ultimate Blog Party 2013

I wanted to join the Ultimate Blog Party 2013 on this blog too! I think it's so much fun and I love getting to know the new people who are stopping by.  So if you've already been by My So-Called Chaos and read my post there-welcome again to my UBP2013.  I'll try and be a little different here!

Miss Angie 2013


I'm Miss Angie.  The blogger and brain behind both Health NOT to Health NUT and My So-Called Chaos. I also have my shop Chaotic Creations by My So-Called Chaos, and the swap blog I co-manage with Beth called Chaotic Goddess Swaps.

I have always been a big girl.  Since I was about 8 years old... My mother is large, my sister is large (but she's doing pretty well at losing weight!), my grandmothers are heftier... It's just what I've known.  I dealt with being the fat kid, the fat teenager, and not knowing how to dress for my body.  High school was usually baggy jeans, a baggy t-shirt, and an oversized sweater that was my "comfort" as I felt it hid everything I didn't want to show off.  I had great friends-but I never put myself out there enough to do any dating-I let my weight hold me back.


Miss Angie 40lbs lighter in 2006Miss Angie & Melanie Grace from Live Steamy
Left: Me in 2006.  I had lost 30lbs at that point.  Right: Christmas 2007 with Miss Melanie Grace.

But I grew up, I finally started dating and learned how to dress better for my body type.  I learned not to let my weight hold me back as much, even though every time I go out to do something new it's the first thought that runs through my mind still... Mostly though, I push it back and push myself forward.  If I let my weight hold me back after all of this time every single time (I'll admit, sometimes I still do) I'd never do anything at all.

I'm on the far right, this was October 2011.

So in May of 2011 I started this blog as a secondary blog, with the intention of making a lifestyle change in 21 days that would set me on the path for eventual fitness and good health.  It's now 2 years later and I'm still at square one.  I've started and failed so many times, more than I can even count, but I keep on keeping on.  I hate that I'm still big.  I hate that I've always been big and never had the follow through to make it all the way to thin.  But I'm slowly learning not to hate myself.  I'm slowly learning not to delete the pictures I cringe at-because it's who I am now.  It wont always be who I am, but I can't hate myself along the way or the progress will never happen.

With my favorite Singer, Eric Himan, last Wednesday 4/3/13.

Two weeks ago Kristina and I joined Weight Watchers online.  So far I have lost 5.6lbs in the first two weeks.  It's hard not to get discouraged when the first week was 5lbs and this week (weighed in this morning) was only .6lb, but a loss is a loss and I'm going to keep going.  So far WW has been super easy for me to follow, and I just need to work on adding in the exercise that I really need to push myself forward.  I can do this.  Thanks to the support I have from my friends and family-and from all of you in blog world-I can do this.

If you're stopping by from UBP13, or you're just a new reader here-leave me a comment!  I want to get to know you too!  Are you on this fitness journey with me?  Are you doing Weight Watchers?  Did you just stop by?  Who are you?  Where do you blog?  I want to know! :)

7 comments:

Bernadette Callahan Powell said...

I found your blog from UBP13 I believe :) Its my first year joining and have just recently decided to start a blog. I also happened to win registration to Color Me Rad here in Tampa and I am really not a runner....or an exerciser for that matter lol so I am on that journey as well. I have 5 kid so I dont have a ton of time to exercise so they will join me in my adventures since we are always together. Love the blog(s) so far!!!

*My Butterfly Haus* said...

Hi! New follower here... I found you on UBP13! Your blog is SO cute! I'm excited to read up! Please come by and follow me on my blog at mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com!
Have a blessed day!

The Lovely One said...

Keep it up! A loss is a loss, just like you said! I've had a good two weeks, but I kinda blew it today. The only thing I can do is try again tomorrow!

Julie Donahue said...

Also coming from the UBP!

I started this journey (again!) in January. I'm working to lose half my body weight (roughly 150 pounds). I'm down 10% so far!!

I blog at http://halfajulie.blogspot.com

Aubrey S. said...

I'm so behind on reading blog posts that I'm doing a lot of lurking, but I couldn't not comment on this post.

I've been following this blog since you've started it with all the stops, starts and stalls, and I want to say that regardless of the physical change or lack thereof, I've seen a lot of progress in the last 6-8 months.

I love that you're finally learning to love yourself, and it shows. And it allows you to be so much more kind to yourself on the days that you fall down.

And we, your friends, love you so much more for it. So keep patting yourself on the back and pulling yourself and speaking the kind words because you are SO worth it.

Tara said...

Small world. I too have met Eric Himan a couple of times!

Cathi said...

I’m late! I’m late! I’m stopping by from the UBP13. I hope you stop by our party for a slice of warm banana bread and cold milk.
Hugs,
Cathi
http://simplesojourns.com/2013/04/ultimate-blog-party-2013.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...