Friday, January 18, 2013

Fat Ass Friday 1/18/13



Whooo... I have been a slacker here this week.
Sorry for the lack of posts-for some reason this week has been crazy.


Isn't my new dress pretty?  Also I'm starting to see a little bit of a difference with my waist-I really should take some measurements so I can track it better! :) 

Update on Last Weeks Goals
  • Keep Doing the 30 Day Shred - SUCCESS-ish.  I skipped a few days...
  • Drink More Water - FAIL.  I sucked at water drinking this week.
  • Keep Eating Healthy - FAIL. While I made some good choices this week was bad for food.
I ended up skipping my workout on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday unfortunately, but finished out Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred on Wednesday.  I started Level 2 last night (Thursday) and all I can say is NO.  It's a LOT harder... Walking Push-ups, Oblique Twists, the skater move... UGH.  I spent a lot of the first workout trying to figure out how to balance in Plank position and be able to pull off whatever move I was supposed to be doing.


I have decided that I need to go invest in some better shoes.  My workout shoes were some I picked up at Walmart (first part of the problem) a few years ago and they are not comfortable.  They're too big, not enough arch support, etc... My feet hurt a lot when doing my workout.  I need a good high-impact, weight-bearing shoe with arch support.  So far I've had recommendations for New Balance, Tone-Ups, and Nike Shox.  Guess I'll have to go shoe shopping at some point this weekend.

Even for slacking off I lost 1.6 lbs.  Not as good as the whopping 6 I lost last week, but I'll take it! :) 

This Week's Goals
  • Continue with the 30 Day Shred (even if it's not every day)
  • Eat Healthier
  • Drink More Water
  • Try and fit in Hula-Hooping somewhere...
Current Stats

Starting Weight:  288
Last Week's Weight: 282
Today's Weight: 280.4
Loss/Gain This Week: -1.6
Total Weight Loss: -7.6

How did you do this week? 
Link up! 






TheJavaMama 






8 comments:

Cerise said...

Awesome job on the weight loss! Your new dress looks lovely.
I hate planks, they are just awful. Works your core though!
It isn't cheap, but I would suggest going to a sports shoe store. The employees generally know what they are doing. My sister dragged me to a Luke's Locker a couple years ago and I will never buy from Walmart/Target or the like again. Really great experience.
Keep it up!!

Brittany Belling said...

Good job on the weight loss! That dress is adorable.

Thanks for linking up!

Katherine said...

You gotta start somewhere. Good work!

Beth W said...

Definitely measure your waist! Sometimes the progress isn't in pounds, but inches (which is more what we're going for, in terms of visual weight loss, right?). And good for you for losing! Keep it up...I found, on PINK, when they did something that I could not figure out or keep up with, I'd just repeat that day of the workout 2 or 3 times until I got it, and then I'd move on (otherwise, I get frustrated because I'm lost, and then just quit).

Lauren said...

Great job! I am on my last day of Level 2 and still struggle with the plank poses as well as the standing on one leg and lifting weights movement!

Aubrey S. said...

So I think that Level 2 is the hardest of them all. When I got there, I could only do the workout 2-3 days a week to give my muscles time to recover.

You're going to do awesome this week.

Tara said...

I like the 30 Day Shred Level 2 better than Level 1, but it definitely works some different muscles. My BFF actually gave me Bob Harper's Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation, though, and I LOVE it. It's a 45 minute work out, so it makes you tired, but I like his pace a lot more than Jillian's. I think I'll review it for my blog. Anyway, he has you do elbow planks for so long I was screaming the first time I had to do it.

Tara said...

Keep up the good work, though. :) I admire you. I was 284 at the beginning of my weight loss journey, and I really doubt I could have done the 30 day shred then. I just walked. Also, my waist didn't look anything like that! Cute dress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...